Tuesday 31 May 2011

HOMEMADE BREAD AND BEEBZ GETS A MAKE OVER...


After visiting my salon for a a bit of a dodgey hair chop. Bobbin was looking a little bit small and chilly, so i knitted her a new nautical jumper...

Ahoy there Beebz! doesn't she look chic? Bang on trend with those stripes, girl. Only took a very rainy afternoon to crochet. The pattern i used can be found here.

 Yesterday, whilst twiddling my thumbs during a day of drizzly weather I dusted off the bread maker and was set on baking my own fresh gluten free loaf. the first i used regular GF flour mix but it didn't fair well so i marched out and purchased strong white gluten free flour mix by doves farm, from Holland and Barrats...

First, I poured the liquid ingredients into the bread machine pan: 1 1/4 cup warm water (at 110 to 115 degrees F)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
2 eggs

 Then measured out and added the dry ingredients, adding yeast at the very end.
 2 1/2 cups of strong white gluten free flour
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 packet rapid dry yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons

Then i pressed a button and it started movin' and a bakin' me some homemade warm bread.
I kept peepin' through the widow watching the dough. it was pretty exciting stuff! a couple of hours later the beeper beeped and i had bread. marvellous.
once turned out and sliced it kinda tasted like crumpets... can't wait to toast and butter it up.



1 comment:

  1. Oh I so wish I had a bread maker :( christmas is still too far away, may have to treat myself before then.

    ReplyDelete