I have only ever eaten tiny supermarket outta the bag pretzels, so i was looking forward to this challenge, only problem, no yeast to make my dough, dough. Not having quite the right ingredients doesn't stop me. Searched the internet for a while and found me an alternative recipe for baking soda pretz.
- 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp milk/ enough to bind dry ingredients to form dough.
- 1 tsp vinegar
- salt and butter (melted) for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, sift together whole wheat flour and baking soda. Stir in milk and vinegar until dough pulls together. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly to form a firm dough.
- Divide dough into equal pieces. Roll each piece into a long wiggly cylinder approximately 8 inches long. Form into classic pretzel shape. place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- brush with melted butter and Sprinkle each pretzels with salt, and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
|I had mine warm with some hummus for dipping.|
I'm sure my sweet tooth will be back to cover stuff in chocolate tomorrow.