I re-made my savoury muffins this afternoon, but in loaf form. We delved in whilst the bread was still warm, smelling herby and the cheese in the mixture was still gooey.
This bread is very addictive so be warned...
1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon oregano
pinch of garlic powder
1/2 cup grated cheese (plus extra for topping the loaf)
|fresh outta the oven.|
- In a large bowl, blend together the flour, the baking powder, herbs and the salt.
- Stir in the grated cheese and blend well.
- In a smaller bowl, blend together the milk and the beaten egg.
- Add the wet ingredients, all at once, to the dry ingredients and combine just until the dry ingredients are moist. Twelve strokes should be enough. Over mixing will cause your muffins to be flat. (i think i over mixed it a bit too much this time.)
- Spoon your batter quickly into the bread tin and bake for approximately 20 minutes. then top with extra grated cheese and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and eat! Serve slightly warm with butter.