I have had a hankering for some good Hummus for a couple of days now, One of my old time favourite go to snacks is carrot sticks dipped in my favourite middle eastern accompliment. Luckily, i happened to come across a tin of chick peas hidden away in the back of my cupboard, calling out to be made in to a tastey dip.
- 1 tin of drained chick peas
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 4 tbsp water
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- To soften chick peas further boil them in a pan of water for 5 minutes, take off the heat and drain.
- In a bowl combine all ingreadints and blitz using a hand blender.
- serve with a sprinkle of paprika and drizzle of olive oil!
I would like to try more versions like this one by Nigella using peanut butter or perhaps play with adding different spices and additions like pesto.