It was delicious and the made for a very fluffy dough, but to be honest it was a whole lot of dough to toppings, very filling and thick... so i have adjusted the ratio's to make a perfect gluten free pizza.
Fluffy deep pan Gluten free dough recipe:
- 1 Tablespoon quick active yeast
- 1 + 1/2 cups brown GF flour mix (I used doves strong wholemeal flour)
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tea spoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Extra flour for sprinkling
Pre heat oven to its highest setting... you need it very hot.
- pour the warm water into a bowl and sprinkle over the yeast. Stir to dissolve, then leave to rest in a warm place for ten minutes. thenadd vinegar and Stir the sugar and olive oil into the yeast mixture until well combined.
- Sift the flour, gum, salt and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the yeast mixture, mixing to form a soft and slightly sticky dough. Add enough of the remaining water, little by little, until you have achieved the correct consistency.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and lightly flour your hands. Knead the dough for ten minutes until it is smooth and pliable.leave to rest for 1/2 an hour at least (the longer the better)
- grease a tin and push dough into corners. to make it stuffed crust place cheese strings around edge and pull dough over then until securely covered.
- top with your choice of toppings... i made a tomoate and oregano sauce from scartch and added shredded mozzarella, sliced olives and courgettes...
- bake in centre of oven for 15 minutes.