recipe and enthusiasm here is my Gluten free version!
Gluten Free Blueberry bakewell tart.
make a small tart for two!
- 1/2 (100g) Mrs Crimbles sponge box mix ( with 1 egg white, half the butter called for and 2 tsp of water)
- 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 (100g) Mrs Crimbles pastry mix (with half the butter and water the box calls for)
- 1 tsp almond essence
- 2 tsp jam or preserve
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C
- Weigh out half of the pastry mix (100g) and crumble butter into dry mix. rub with your fingers until it resembles a fine bread crumb, then add 2 tsp of water and combine with your hands until it forms a dough ball, allow to rest for a minute.
- Dust a clean surface with GF flour and roll out pastry to 0.5 cmm tickness. Drape and tuck pastry into a greased tin or pie dish. remove excess pastry and neated edges with knife.
- Cover pastry with grease proof paper and baking beans and bake the pastry crust blind in the oven for 15 mintues.
- Whilst pastry is baking... Half and Follow the box instructions for the sponge mix adding in almond essence and stirring in blueberries.
- Remove grease proof paper and beans from pastry carefully and spread jam on the base, pour in sponge batter and return to the oven to bake for an extra 18 minutes.
|fresh and hot outta the oven!|