Saturday 9 July 2011

Gluten Free healthy spinach and cheezy waffle.

These savoury waffles are so good they have become a daily staple. I realize looking back at other non sugary  sweet baked recipe posts that spinach and cheese seems to be a constant re occurrence ... seemingly my favourite combooooo (oh aside from PB and nanas ...oh or PB and jam or PB and chocolate or PB and honey....) I NEED A PEANUT BUTTER NOOOOAW.

Anyway back to the subject at hand... 
crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. perfect for dipping with guacamole or sour cream. I had mine this afternoon, plonked on my couch as the perfect Saturday afternoon movie snack, with a dollop of warm laughing cow cheese spread all ohhhber each segment.

Ingredients
  • 1/4 +1 tbsp of cup skim milk or your favorite milk substitute
  • 1/2 tsp active quick yeast
  • 1/2 teaspoon sweetener
  • pinch salt
  • pinch pepper
  • tsp melted spread
  • 3 tbsp Gluten Free flour mix
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • tbsp laughing cow light spread
  • chopped wilted spinach
  1. mix up the batter in a large bowl ...Sift and mix dry ingredients together, make a well and and whisk all the wet ingredients.)
  2. add cheese and spinach.
  3. leave to stand and fire up the irons!
  4. once the waffle iron it hot hot hot pour in batter and cook for 4 mins or until crisp and browned.... then slice up and enjoyyyyy!
oh and I reckon you could also use this batter for pancakes.

190 calories per whole waffle!

2 comments:

  1. oh..my..gosh. this looks delish! Why do you eat gluten free? Are you allergic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh yes I'm allergic to gluten! i was only recently diagnosed a few months ago.
    I love a cake .... love gluten haha so Im trying to turn all my fave recipes into allergy friendly ones.
    and yup these were awesome!
    x

    ReplyDelete